Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Think Spring: The Tangerine Baby Doll

We've had such an incredible winter, I just couldn't help but start on some spring clothing, with the near 60 degree temperatures today! This is Butterick Pattern 5375:


Now that the 80s styles are back in, I can't rock the short denim mini and leggings like I did as a teen; but, I love the babydoll dresses with leggins and ballet slippers! Its figure-skimming lines and clean, slight a-line skirt are flattering for everyone.

In honor of the coming Spring, I chose one of my favorite colors (I do love all things orange - tangerine, melon, cantaloupe, etc.) -- tangerine. Its bright and sunny.

I used a simple, two-way stretch knit (remember to use seam binding or interfacing, or you'll make yourself psychotic). I double-stitched all the seams for extra stretch and longevity.

And, because I had leftover fabric, just for kicks, I tried out a new pattern and made matching hip-hugger panties. I used apricot colored hem tape to finish off the edges and muslin to line the crotch.

This is Mccall's pattern 5651:

The cami and slip are nice patterns, but the bras have little or no support, so they are not for women with cleavage. I've tried lining them with pre-formed bra cups, but no real luck, yet. I'll keep at it!

Next on the table is a reaper cape for my son for his Renn Faire outfit for this summer. More on that later!

Check this out:

No comments:

Post a Comment