Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Deep Thoughts and Coffee


Deep thought over my coffee:
We live in such an unrealistic society. We expect to be happy, all the time; wealthy without hardship; educated without exertion; beautiful to an impossible standard; youthful forever; fearless in all things. We berate ourselves because we 'choose' to be sad; or don't 'deserve' good. How ridiculous! Life happens. Its imperfect, messy, frightening, and dreadful, sometimes. Fear is an adaptive reflex. Grief is healing. Pain is a lesson.
I want to embrace it all. (Please remind me when I forget.)
If no one has said it to you, today: 
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE AMAZING.
Now, what are you going to DO with all that? Because, feelings don't define us, ACTIONS DO.
xoxo 

4 comments:

  1. Short, sweet, and to the point; I love it! Just remember that the above applies to you, too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know it, and I'm trying to live it! Remind me when I get crazy and melancholy, please! xoxoxox!

      Delete
  2. Love this post!!! You are beautiful! You are special! You are amazing! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete