Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

New Projects

I have absolutely no excuse for failure to post in any reasonable time frame. I have been working on a few things, but have just been so busy, that I didn't get it up. So, here's a quickie quarter in review:

With the colder temperatures and the weather becoming grayer, I wanted to focus on warm, comfortable clothes for the season. I started with the gray sweatsuit:


Its really yoga/lounge pants with a draw-string waist, plus a pull-over hoodie. I made the hood very deep, so as to be a comfy cover for the whole head (this is great to sleep in and pull over your eyes when its not dark enough or for daytime naps).




Please pay no attention to my filthy sewing room! LOL

Next, I created a nightie in similar fashion (and using the same fabric -- a jersey stretch double-knit):

Both came from the Butterick pattern above.


Then, I decided that I'd like a dress wrap for the holiday season. So, out came the maroon satin, and the same old gray jersey for this:

Ok, I'm not looking my best, here (was in the nightie mentioned above), but you get the idea.


A pretty white, frog, fabric closure at the neck...



You'd be absolutely shocked how warm this actually is with that jersey in there!

Then, I decided that I wanted some coordinates. And, with my recent, unfortunate weight gain, I needed some new tops (amazing how any weight gain drops RIGHT there). So, I used this tiny, navy checked fabric for a simple tunic:


Pattern:



Since I had some leftover scraps, I added a matching scarf (all the rage, this season!)...


And, a matching tote (for shopping):


All in all, it was quite productive. There are 3 skirts cut out and waiting for me to get started on. And, I need to get a new few pair of pants to go along with. I've found a liking for palazza pants (similar to what I used in my brown pants suit):


Super comfy!
Remember: create with abandon! In Paula Dean-esque form: Love from my sewing room to your's.

No comments:

Post a Comment