Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My sister's dress

Ok, well, its coming along. I've got the bodice attached to the skirts, and the sleeves are put together. But, I cannot attach the bodice to the sleeves because I totally thought I had bought the flat-trim lace, but NOPE. I must've either forgotten or mislaid it. Both are possible. LOL.

In the meantime, here it is, without sleeves, trim, or hem. Its a modification of Butterick pattern 4571. I love this pattern! Its so versatile!

This time, I've widened the skirts to make it more flowing, removed the eyelets from the back and am doing a fold-over hook'n'eye closure, instead. (This will allow my fairly well-endowed sister to wear a bra with the dress.)

You'll remember the bodice, alone, which I finished about a week ago:

This is the true color of the fabric (kelly green). I'm not sure what happened on that first picture, up above. The color got all whacky.

At any rate, I'm currently on ebay bidding on flat, lace trim, so that I can attach the sleeves to the bodice. Then, it'll just be the trim, bottom hem, and hook'n'eyes on the back for closure. The hand-stitching will not be short, so I expect to be working on this project for another week or so (since, you know, its impossible to give up my day job!).

If you're interested, check this out:


No comments:

Post a Comment